Google CSE (Custom Search Engine) and SEO benefits
Have you heard about Google CSE or the Custom Search Engine? Well, it’s like having your
own google search engine inside your site. I recently installed one for our company to see if it fits
right on our websites,and I must say this is a great tool for number of reasons:
1. Well for starters, it’s like running a search engine just for your site that’s provided by the number one
search engine in the planet. Meaning, you get the right indexing and see the results that you would normally see when you go to google.com.
2. The odds are pretty good that when you don’t show up on your own custom search engine you are not going to show up in Google’s global search either.
3. It also helps you figure out how well google cse trust different pages on a site or a subset of sites, as it likely factors in link popularity and other off site relevancy measurements (not like most site search services that you pay).
4. And best of all, you can have one installed for FREE!. Just sign up for google account and you
will be given a code to paste on your pages.
5. And finally, using search results with the same format the way google has it, shows you how compelling your documents look to someone who searches your product or services from google.com.
If you wanted to know how to customized google cse based on your website look and feel there are couple ways to do it. Google provides a set of pre-defined CSS look that will fit the colors and background styles on your website.
In this next Article I will show you how easy it is to setup and customize your own google cse.